Volunteering with the Bike Co-op is easy and fun! Many of our volunteer opportunities are drop-in, so all you need to do is come by. There is always a small meal for our volunteers, to say thanks for contributing your time.
Our drop in volunteer programs are:
- Purple and Yellow Volunteer Night – Tuesdays from 6-9 pm in the Bike Kitchen
- Bicycle Recycling Night – last Wednesday of the month, 6-9 pm in the Bike Kitchen
We also need volunteers for our outreach and instructional programs – opportunities include (but are certainly not limited to):
- Cycling Resource Centres
- Campus outreach and street teams
- Mechanical assistants at our in-house programs
- And more!
Become a member!
Memberships are $15 for students, and $20 for faculty, staff and community members. Sign up at the Bike Kitchen or at one of our community events.
Short on cash? No problem. All are eligible to earn their membership by volunteering with us for 6 hours.
Membership comes with some great benefits!
- Free shop time on Fridays
- 2 additional hours of complementary shop time to use any day and time we are open
- 10% discount on new parts and accessories
- Programs discounts – members save on Intro to Mechanics workshop series!
- With a contribution of 6 volunteer hours at Purple and Yellow Volunteer Night, access to the fleet!
- Voting rights at our Annual General Meeting