We survive on quality donations of used bicycles to support our shop and our programs. Donating your bicycle helps keep our services running and perhaps even more importantly it keeps bicycles out of the landfill and on the roads.
Bicycle donations are used for a whole variety of purposes that include:
- being built into guaranteed used bicycles and resold
- being built and given to someone who needs a bike via our volunteer bike building program
- being repurposed as a member of our Purple and Yellow Community Bike Fleet
- being salvaged for parts that are used to give many other bikes a new lease on life
- being fully recycled when the bike is too damaged or worn to be useable
We also accept donations of used bike parts.
How to Donate
Have a bike sitting around collecting dust? You can give it a second life by donating it to the Bike Co-op! Simply drop by the Bike Kitchen anytime during business hours to donate your used bike or parts.
- Mon-Fri 10-6
- Sat 11-6
4 or More Bikes
If you are going to donate 4 or more bikes we may be able to organize a pick up for you. This option is often used by those representing a strata, apartment complex, office building, or other organization.
Please note, although we are a non-profit organization we are not a registered charity and therefore cannot issue a tax receipt. Upon request, we would be happy to provide a quote approximating the value of the donated bikes.
Contact Jordan at sustainability(at)bikecoop.ca to ask about setting up a donation pick-up, or if you have any other questions.