Come to the Bike Kitchen every Tuesday night from 6-9pm and help us out by working on our Purple and Yellow Bike share fleet. All mechanical skills are welcome, it is a great way to learn about bike mechanics or keep your repair skills up! Just drop in, no sign-up necessary.
Every Wednesday 11am-5pm is Volunteer Day at the Bike Kitchen. Volunteers with any level of experience can drop in and volunteer for as long or as little as they want, with no sign-up necessary. Volunteers will be assigned tasks based on their previous volunteer experience, mechanical ability and the needs of the shop. More experienced volunteers will help us refurbish bikes for our Bici Libre program and Pedals for the People. There are also FREE mechanical workshops from 1-2pm exclusively for volunteers to learn more about things like bearing systems, different kinds of brakes, shifting and more!
Join the Outreach Team! The team is a group of bike-loving individuals of all mechanic skill levels who share cycling resources and information at our Cycling Resource Centres! We are always looking for new additions to the team, if you would like to get involved email education[at]bikecoop.ca or join our volunteer facebook group for updates on events that you can attend.
Volunteers are needed to write one-off blog posts, blog series or become regular blog contributors. We are open to suggestions for posts, within reason, and encourage volunteers to write about bike-related topics that interest them.
All volunteers receive:
- A free membership to the Bike Co-op after contributing 6 hours of volunteer time
- A key to our Purple and Yellow Bike share fleet with a membership and 6 additional hours volunteering at Purple and Yellow Night
- A Bike Co-op/Kitchen water bottle after 20 hours of volunteering
- A Bike Co-op or Bike Kitchen t-shirt after 30 hours of volunteering
- Food! We do our best to ensure our volunteers leave our programs well fed!
Get In Touch
More questions? Feel free to email education[at]bikecoop.ca.