Have a great idea that you want to get rolling, but need some funds to help get it going? The Bike Co-op gives out grants to cycling initiatives to help support cycling projects in our community! See below for the rules and requirements for applying.
- Projects must be related to cycling. Funds may go towards a variety of initiative types (events, conferences, projects, etc.), but the initiative must align with and advance the goals of the Bike Co-op as outlined in our constitution.
- Applicants may be any member of the community, and the initiative may occur on or off campus.
- We encourage applicants to incorporate or engage with the Bike Co-op as a partner in their proposals.
- Proposals may be submitted through the online application form above (permanent link: )
- The application will be reviewed at a Board meeting and the decision to approve or deny funding will be made by the Board.
- A representative from the Bike Co-op will contact the applicant to inform them of the decision, and if necessary invite them to an upcoming Board Meeting to discuss any details.
- The project must be completed within the fiscal year identified upon approval.
- Applicants may apply for up to $200.00 per project. Applicants are welcome to seek additional funding from other organizations for their project, but the Bike Co-op will only grant up to $200.00 per project per year.
- Applications must be submitted at least 3 weeks in advance of the event/project start.
- All receipts for purchases must be kept and submitted to the Treasurer of the AMS Bike Co-op no later than 30 days after the project or event has completed.
- After the project has been completed, a written report must be submitted to programs(at)bikecoop.ca within 30 days of the completion date. A form will be provided to by the Programs Manager.